THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL…
DATE: Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017
TEXT: Matthew 25:1-13
THEME: WILL HE FIND YOU WAITING?
MEMORISE: Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the son of man cometh (Matthew 25:13)
While patience is a virtue, human beings generally do not like waiting for anything especially in this fast-pace society we live in, where everything is instantly available. As believers, we are however required to patiently wait for the fulfilment of the Lord’s numerous promises He has in store for His people. One of such promises is that He is coming back to take away the saints that are prepared for His return.
It is common for people to get tired while waiting, lose hope and start to seek alternative solutions. This should not be so for a true believer. Jesus warned us that nobody knows the day of His return but that He will come like a thief in the night. He did however foretell us of the signs that will indicate His coming is at hand and almost all those signs are present now.
In our reading today, there were 5 unwise virgins who were not prepared nor ready when the bridegroom arrived and they were shut out from the wedding party. This is the same way that the unprepared and un-watchful believers will miss both rapture and heaven. Jesus told us that we should watch and pray. Will he find you waiting or will you be carried away with the distractions of this world? It should be apparent to the observant believer that His coming is nearer than ever before given the signs of the times. We should therefore be sober and vigilant and ensure that He will meet us ready and prepared to follow Him home.
Worship/praise God and then take the following prayer points:
1. Dear God, give me the grace to be sober and vigilant till the day of your coming, in Jesus’ name.
2. I bind every worldly distraction that will make me be found wanting, in Jesus’ name!
3. Dear Lord, make the Chosen to be faithful till the end so we will receive our reward on the last day, in Jesus’ name.
4. I pray that God will grant my G. O and Mummy in the Lord the grace to finish the race strongly, in Jesus’ name.
5. Father, increase your anointing and grace upon my G. O, Mummy in the Lord and the Lord’s Chosen Ministry in Jesus’ name.
AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA